Thursday, August 4, 2011

On the Fence

We can't claim this idea as entirely our own.  One of our wonderful friends came up with the idea of the fence on the wall and in fact her husband made it for us.  The fence was painted white and then glazed to look old.  I love how the wood soaked up the glaze to show all of its natural imperfections.  The shelf was then attached to the fence and accessorized with items found around the house.  Since this is my daughter's bathroom we of course had to include the "M".


 Knobs were added to the bottom of the fence to hang towels.  Eventually the towel rack will be removed and the towels will then hang on the knobs.



The doll underneath the glass is an antique given to me by my great-grandmother.  I thought it was a perfect addition to the shelf and her bathroom.

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree Creations today!

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

great idea. Thanks for sharing!!

Stephanie said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it on your bathroom wall! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Hey, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for joining the Stache Party in August and sharing your creativity with everyone! I hope you'll come back in September!
Stephanie
mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

reginag said...

You're keeping me on the right track. Thanks for the guide.

tucson security systems

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...