Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Mantel Ideas

We are switching gears from our spooky Halloween post here.  Even though Shellie and I design together, in some ways we couldn't be more different!  Her Halloween decor is taking on more of a fall theme, which I guess is much better because you can leave it up for 3 months versus mine that I am going to have to change at the end of October.  Oh well! I love me some Halloween decor!

The first thing we are going to look at is her mantel ideas.  As you can see, there isn't a lot needed to make this mantel beautiful, it is beautiful on its own.  By adding a few leaves, acorns, pumpkins and berries it has been instantly changed.  The lantern was added to give it a little dimension.


The fall accessories where actually part of a fall garland we found at Tai Pan and we completely dissected.  It was easier to have individual pieces to manipulate and put where we wanted instead of trying to deal with a single piece of garland.  Have you ever tried to get garland to do exactly what you want in a small space?  Impossible! 
Here is another mantel idea from Shellie's basement.  The basement is sooooo dark, so I am most excited that I got some pictures to actually show you have beautiful it is!  I should have used my tripod but I completely forgot it, so forgive me for the pictures not being 100% clear.
The bronze canisters add a little shine to the rustic mantel and fireplace.  I love it when two completely different textures are shown in the same space to give it a little dimension.  I like to think of them as earrings.  They just sass up the entire outfit.


This is basically the same concept she used on the other mantel.  She just dissected a different type of garland and sorted its pieces into the best locations.


The thing I love most about these spaces are the warmth they bring to the room.  They make you want to turn on the fire, cuddle in a blanket with a good book and cup of coffee.

I am so excited for fall!!

The Lettered Cottage







Photobucket


Organize and Decorate Everything


6 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

wow, what wonderful mantels! i love all the oranges and leaves-that's what fall is about to me. i couldn't go the muted cool colors route.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Both mantels are so pretty. Love all the warm colors on them - so inviting! Linda

Shelia said...

Hi ladies! I love both mantles and the lovely colors of fall just makes me happy!
Thank you so much for popping in to see my mantle.
Be a couple of sweeties,
shelia ;)

very merry vintage style said...

So pretty--love that fireplace in the first photo! Stop by and link up if you have time.
Mary

Coley said...

These mantels are so pretty, warm, and cozy. Love them!

Ellen said...

very festive and well done.
Happy Fall
Hugs,
Ellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...