Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Favorite Feature - Rachel T.

When Rachel sent me the pictures of her favorite feature in her home I about fell out of my chair!  I have been in love with these mirrors at Ballard Designs for so long!  Can you believe she made those topiaries by hand?!?.....and she has 3 young boys!  I guess I don't have any excuses for not getting my projects done.

Here's what Rachel had to say about her favorite feature:

This is my favorite space because I stuck with a pretty broad group of colors (Greens, Yellows, Browns and Reds) so it feels alive.  I have a basic leather sectional, but the green upholstered chair (custom.. by me) and wicker ottoman from Pottery Barn really make it feel unique and personalized.  I love the mixture of textures and the areas in the bird cage and above my armoire can be changed out for seasons.  To the left I have my piano with the Garden mirrors from Ballard and the Topiaries (home made). I had a lot of "busy-ness" already in the room, and since this is our main living area, I didn't want to over-accessorize since toys, shoes and bags end up in this room A LOT!  I tried to keep this space very simple. I spend the most amount of time here since it is attached to the kitchen, and I love how cozy it makes me feel. 

Can you believe she reupholstered that chair by herself!  I absolutely love the birdcage with the frames.  What a fantastic idea!

Thanks so much Rachel for sharing your favorite feature and your beautiful home!

Would you like to be featured?  Click the Get Featured link at the top of our page.  The House Undone would love to share your favorite feature!

2 comments:

..::k.toms::.. said...

I absolutely love this room! (I may have spent a time or two in there ;)
Yes, those topiaries are TDF! I can't believe she hand-made them! But what's most impressive is definitely the reupholstered chair! Rachel is the most amazing DIY-er ever!!

Jeremy said...

Thank you for the feature and all the nice words!! Now I am seriously dying to paint that nasty piano though!! Ugh.. not good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...