Sunday, September 25, 2011

Trick or Treat!

I just finished decorating my first Halloween "area"!  I figure instead of decorating the entire house that I would stick with areas that have a theme.  I'm sure you can guess what theme I went with here.

Before
After
 Significant difference don't you think?  I love the way it turned out!  Like I said before, my 2 year old wont go anywhere near it.  Which makes it easy to keep it this way the entire season.  Can you guess my theme?  Yep.  Not very hard to figure out.


Most of the items used were from Michael's and Joanne's.  Martha Stewart's line has so many fun Halloween accessories. 


The two photos were purchased at Joanne's. 



I got the idea for the small skeleton heads from the one and only Pottery Barn.  The mesh table runner is from Martha Stewart's craft line.

The wreath and tags were all purchased at Tai Pan Trading last year.



 I was all prepared to make my own banner but due to Martha herself it wasn't necessary!  Woohoo!  Did you notice the mirror?  It went from blah brown to a bright white.  It brightens up the space so much more!

What do you think about my skeleton area?  I think it turned our pretty cute....or maybe I should say SPOOKY!

Happy Halloween!











15 comments:

jenclair said...

Cute! The R.I.P. plate and the black wreath are my favorites. I've been working on my Halloween stuff for a while...too much fun!

Oh, and I bought one of the skeleton photos at Michael's. Love it!

Anna said...

Oh my gosh, that's awesome/terrible! :)

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, fab, fab, and more fab! i love this look, i did my halloween set up with skulls last year. i'm not wasting it all, so i guess i'll be using it again.

All That Glitters said...

Your turned out AWESOME! Hands down my favorite one!

..::k.toms::.. said...

I LOVE the way the mirror turned out!
And I'm loving all of your Halloween decor! It's making me re-think my idea of only fall stuff in my house... ;)

Ellen said...

Just love your skeleton area. I seen those prints today at Michaels, some were pretty bizzare. I meant to show my sister...but we get busy and lost when we re out. LOL
Will the 2 yr old be afraid of trick or treaters?
Happy Fall
Hugs,
Ellen

Fifi said...

♥ it!! this looks really great!! Thank you for sharing!




Your newest follower!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Just found your blog and love it didn't see a place to subscribe to emails? I became a follower

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

This is ADORABLE! Love your spook-i-fied version! Thank you for linking up to my All Things Spooky series! xoxo!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

ooooo! I think I especially love the jar of skulls! We were featured together over at a Nest of Posies today. I'd love for you to come share your awesome decorating over at my halloween link party at http://igottacreate.blogspot.com !

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

I think it's fantastic--great job!

very merry vintage style said...

Love every bit of this decor spot--thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style--you are featured this week! Stop by and grab a feature button--
Mary

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

I love every bit of this!! Thanks for sharing!!

odetoinspiration said...

OMG that is awesome!! I LOVE it!! Great job!!

WhyCuzICan said...

Oh cute AND spooky! I can see a 2 yr old wanting to stay away. So long as she's not terrified by it...LOL It's ALLLLL good!

Visiting from Centsational Girl's Linky Party today {It's Fall Y'All}
Smiles and thanks for sharing,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...