Thursday, October 6, 2011

My new boyfriend!

I had been looking for one of these guys for so long and finally found this hottie at Target.  It was so funny watching people's faces as I was pushing this guy through the store.  He is literally huge!  He stands eye-to-eye with my husband who is 6'.  Wasn't sure what I was going to do with him, but for some reason I NEEDED a life size (fake) skeleton.

 I think I found the PERFECT place!  He is hanging out on my new rocking chair on the porch.  Can you believe that a friend of mine was on her way to dump this rocking chair off at Goodwill?  I am so glad I stopped her before she had the chance.  She bought this at a pretty high end store in Utah and was just going to get rid of it because she didn't have anywhere to put it.  SCORE!

I had to rig him up a little with tape and wire.  It's great to see all of my little neighbors stop and stare at him.  I'm pretty much the only person in my entire neighborhood that decorates for holidays, so I think the little kids (the 3 that live in my neighborhood) get a kick out of my Halloween display every year.  Although we LOVE our house, we aren't that fond of the neighborhood.  We are a young couple with a young daughter stuck in a 65+ community!  Not that that is bad, just seems like we have the orneriest 65+ people in Utah living next to us!

Chillaxing on the porch



Found this awesome spider at a local store.  They actually didn't have anymore, so I made the poor store clerk take this off of their display.  Hey, don't show it if you don't have it!




I purchased a bail of hay at Michael's and then just arranged some pumpkins I already had around it.  I found that cute sign at a local store, but I have seen them at Joanne's before.


I got this darling planter at the Goodwill.  She used to be silver, so I spray painted her a softer fall color.  I adorned her with our house number.  Love my silhouette cutter!


I filled the planter with styrofoam all the way to the top and then just arranged different pieces from a fall wreath that I dissected.  For a last minute idea, I think it turned out pretty nice.

I don't care what holiday it is, during the college football season our Utes doormat is staying put! 
Sorry, I know it doesn't match.



I'm amazed at how well fake spider webbing sticks to stucco.  Very convenient!






Yikes, sorry for the dusty lantern.
Thanks for visiting The House Undone and checking out one of our porch displays.  We'll be posting Shellie's tomorrow, which we all know is going to be amazing!

6 comments:

susanmarysunshine said...

That boy needs a drink in his hand!

Robin said...

You have done a marvelous job with your entry. I LOVE it. The planter with the house numbers is very creative.

Vicky said...

I love your display and wish I lived in your neighborhood. Not many here put this much work into their porch. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky from www.messforless.net

very merry vintage style said...

Your entry looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week!
Mary

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love your porch decor! Your skeleton and spider made me laugh out loud. The new color on the address planter is perfect! Well done.

Stephanie said...

I love your decor! Too bad the neighbors are ornery! Great score on the rocking chair! It is gorgeous! The skeleton looks cute on it! Thanks for sharing at the Stache Party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...