Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bedroom Refresh....DONE!....I think....

I finally feel like I LOVE my bedroom....with the exception of the rug....or the lack there of.  I haven't found exactly what I am looking for and don't just want to buy any old rug.

It's turned out to be exactly what I wanted....and it only took me 6 years!

I wanted it to feel like a beach oasis but also have a few pops of color.  I would have never picked this bedspread in the past and honestly wasn't sure if I really like it when I got it home, but it has really grown on me and now I am in love.

I apologize for the pictures not being the highest quality.  Honestly, I am never home when it is light outside.  I leave when it's dark and I get home when it's dark.







I recently added the EXTRA long drapes from IKEA.  They were the finishing touch to my beach oasis bedroom.

I bought this super inexpensive birdcage at a local grocery store and filled it with moss, seashells, driftwood and even a really cute bag that looked like something you would find on a fishing boat.



You wouldn't believe this, but that window pane once was blue.  I also added the door knob and lock and key.





Of course a "beachy" theme should come with a big comfy chair, pillow and blanket.....oh and don't forget the good book.

The metal piece above the bed has been there since the day we moved in.  I can't seem to part with it because it fits like a glove.






I love this basket!  Might be my favorite item in the bedroom.  I filled it with miscellaneous shells and a few old books I found in my grandparents basement.



To be honest, I'm really not loving this wreath.  It was a super good deal at a local store and I think I bought it because it was cheap and not because I loved it.  What do you think?  Is it a total mess??



Well, that's my bedroom "refresh".

Oh and my resolution......cooked 2 days in a row!  That's quite the accomplishment for me.  Don't even ask if it is good.....cooking is first and it being tasty is second!

Thanks for visiting my bedroom!

2 comments:

Anna said...

#1: you are hilarious.
#2: yes the wreath is a hot mess.
#3: I love the bed spread, I'm glad it has grown on you, it's awesome.
#4: your bedroom is awesome. I love the beach feeling. Someday I'd love to own a beach home, they are so relaxing and peaceful. :)

Anna

..::k.toms::.. said...

I love the way it turned out!
And... I LIKE THE WREATH?!?
So, if you don't keep it, you now know who to re-gift it to ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...