Monday, January 16, 2012

{ GUEST BLOGGER } - Ask Anna!

We are so happy to be having Anna from Ask Anna guest posting for us today!  She has some great tips on organizing those pesky dresser drawers.  I'll keep this short because my drawers are waiting....
Hello there House Undone readers, I am super excited to be here with you!  Today I am sharing with you how I organize my dresser.  Yep, I am actually going to show you inside my dresser {gasp}!!!

Usually dressers look organized from the outside but do you ever wonder what is going on behind the dresser drawers?  Well I do!  {I know I'm weird}.


Today I'm going to show you my secrets for how I keep my drawers and closet organized.

Are you ready???

Before I let you peek in my drawers let me start by saying that my biggest piece of advice, when it comes to organizing your dresser drawers, is to purchase some inexpensive organizers.  I purchased a couple sets of these at IKEA and they were worth every penny!

Here is what the inside of my top drawer looks like.

By filling my top drawer with the organizers it takes my top drawer from a mess of socks, underwear and bras to a beautifully organized drawer where everything has it's place.  I know a lot of people don't fold their underwear but it's my belief that if you take a few extra minutes to fold them then it will save you lots of time each morning while you're getting ready.  If underwear, socks, bras, etc. are nicely folded and easily accessible it will take you seconds each morning to grab what you need, instead of minutes of searching for what you need.

I also used the Skubb organizers in my husband's top drawer to organize all of his stuff.  I can't make my husband be organized but I can help him out by giving him a place for everything.


Truth be told though my husband loves to have a "junk pile".  He is a very clean person {one of the things that attracted me to him} but he always has a little pile of junk lying around on the dresser.  I don't mind him having a junk pile, I just don't want to look at it, which is why I gave him a whole box, in his top drawer, just for his "junk".  I'm so nice. :)


Moving on down to the second drawer.  My advice for the second drawer of your dresser is to place the things you wear the most in this drawer.  This means that in the summer it will probably be full of tank tops and shorts, in the winter jeans and sweaters.  Everything should be folded nicely and easily accessible.  My jeans are color coordinated: light on the top, dark on the bottom, that way it is easy to grab what I need in just a few seconds.


Here is what my bottom drawer looks like.  Yes, there are more jeans in there.  I have a lot of jeans so I have them broken up into two categories: everyday jeans and dressy jeans.  My everyday jeans are in the second drawer because I wear them, well, everyday.  My dressy jeans are in the bottom drawer so that they aren't mixed in with the others, and because I don't wear them as often I don't want them in the way.  In the bottom drawer I also have tank tops, I wear them all year long as undershirts, and my PJs.  Everything is folded nicely and easily visible.


I know it takes a few more minutes to fold things nicely and place them in the drawers in an organized way but I promise you it will make your life so much easier in the mornings when you are getting ready.  I can actually pull things out of my drawers in the dark because I know exactly where everything is!

Now that you've seen behind closed drawers what do you think?  Do you have any tips for how you organize your dresser?  I would love it if you stopped by Ask Anna and shared your ideas with me!

Thank you so much for having me today Ashlie & Shellie!!!

Anna


2 comments:

The Ottosen Family said...

I love this... I do the same thing, but without the separators. I am going to buy some today!

The Pennington's said...

I love that idea! My drawers are a mess!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...